Yes, we absolutely love our .22 Long Rifles that cover our wide ammunition needs. But, we still need a high-quality optical riflescope to perform the best shooting with these types of rifle guns.
There are many wide arrays of options and solutions for the needs of a riflescope. How about you are able to outperform each of the person having a .22 type of rifle gun. There are riflescopes available that are well-suited for .22 LR.
The problems regarding weight adjustments, turrets calibrations, MOA Click Adjustments, Mounting Hardware, they are all tackled when you get a riflescope specifically designed for .22 LR.
Table of Contents
Best 22lr Rifle Scope 2021 Reviews
We’ve formulated a list of 10 best .22 LR Riflescope to help you in getting the top most well-performing and compatible with .22 LR. Then we’ll be following up with .22 LR Riflescope buying guide to make you chose the best available option.
Top 22lr Rifle Scope Comparison Table
3 - Best Overall
RIMFIRE II - Best
BDC 15o 22lr Riflescope
BSA Sweet .22,
& Dawn -
Zone - Best
3-9 x 40 - Best
Black Matte 22lr
- Best Top
1. Simmons 511039 3 – Best Overall 22lr Riflescope
The best riflescope for your .22 Long Rifle in terms of pricing as it costs around $50 only. It has a built-in 32mm objective lens with hydro shield coating and magnification power is 3x to 9x.
The product packaging includes Rimfire Dovetail Mounting Rings so it easily fits well with .22 LR.
It has a considerable eye length relief so you quickly maneuver around for target acquisition. This riflescope is also quite easy to use because of a SureGrip rubber surface externally and any adjustments can be made quickly.
The complete set of mounting rings allows you to install this riflescope in just a few minutes after you’ve got one for yourself.
- Great Features at a low price
- Easy and quick to Install
- Usable in any condition due to rugged surface
- 3.75 inches Eye Relief Available
- Standard Click Adjustments and Parallax Correction Features
- Limited Elevation and Windage Adjustments
- Concerns regarding Zero Holding
2. Nikon PROSTAFF RIMFIRE II – Best BDC 15o 22lr Riflescope
A highly recommended riflescope for your .22 LR as Nikon brand never fails to satisfy its customers with the promised quality. It comprises of superior quality multi-coated 40mm lens and magnification power ranges from 3x to 9x.
The inclusion of Nikon’s BDC 150 Reticle makes it a hot choice for long-range shooting and it allows compensation for bullet drop.
Nikon Prostaff Rimfire II is a lightweight riflescope with a weight of around 0.45 kg or just 1 pound. A sleek designed product that is shock-resistant, waterproof and can be used in foggy moisturizing conditions also.
Zero-Reset Turrets are Spring Loaded that facilitates the fast acquisition of target during hunting and shooting.
- Spot on Ballistic Match Technology provides far better accuracy in shooting.
- All-weather resistant riflescope
- High-Quality Optical Views
- Spring Loaded Turrets compatible for Zero Holding
- Not accurate while the user is changing magnification ranges
3. BSA Sweet .22, 3-9x40mm, Best Duplex Rifle Scope
BSA Sweet .22 is specifically designed for .22 Long Range Rifles and they both go along quite well. It comprises a Duplex Reticle allowing for the feature of a Second Focal Plane.
When you will spot a target, the size of that target will change when you are adjusting the magnification power.
A 40mm objective lens and fully coated optics provide precise and clear views through this riflescope. Turrets are specifically calibrated for the rounds of .22 LR whether it is 36 grain, 38 grain or 40-grain bullets.
An extremely reliable and adverse weather-resistant product that maximized the fun of shooting with your .22 LR.
- 3 Inches Eye Relief for consistent views
- Great Compatibility with .22 LR
- .22 LR Trajectory Compensation Allowed
- Quick Change Style of Turrets for Varied Bullets
- Reticles get rotated and twisted
- Overpriced a bit
4. Bushnell Banner Dusk & Dawn – Best Multi-X Reticle Riflescope
If you are looking to shoot around at the times of dawn and dusk then this can be the preferred choice. A Dawn and Dusk Brightness(DDB) multi-coated lens of 40mm has been installed while the magnification range of 3x to 9x is allowed.
This Bushnell model easily gets mounted on a .22 LR rifle gun and maintains clear optical views at the consistent eye relief of 3.3 inches. A Multi X Reticle of varying thickness levels provides unobstructed views and turrets that allow ¼ Minute of Angle Clicks to adjust the reticle views.
It also comprises Fast Focus Eyepiece that is 12 inches long in length and makes it quite convenient to get the target swiftly and precisely.
Quite durable product because it is 100% waterproof, shockproof and has been tried and tested again and again in adverse conditions.
- High-Quality Vision provided at times of dim lighting conditions.
- Beautiful design and attractive riflescope
- Proven Durability in different external environments.
- Constant Eye Relief Provided and Fast Focus Eyepiece included
- Issues related to the holding of zero
- Unreliable crosshairs
5. Bushnell Optics Drop Zone – Best .22lr BDC Rimfire Reticle Riflescope
This Rimfire Bushnell Riflescope is compatible with .22 LR at large because of Drop Zone 22LR BDC Reticle. This reticle is specifically calibrated for 38 grains and 40 grains to give the best shooting results with your favorite .22 LR rifle gun.
A 32mm objective lens with a 2x to 7x magnification range provides far better accuracy and quick target acquisition. Pinpoint precise adjustments can be made with target turrets that provide ¼ MOA Click adjustments. If you are shooting in a longer range or using a fast-focus eyepiece, then you can use parallax focus adjustment to get the most out of it.
Optics are fully protected with multi-coating and the rest is manufactured using a high-quality aluminum alloy that ensures you can use this riflescope for a longer period of time.
It is completely sealed so that the inside elements do not get damaged due to intense shooting.
- O- Ring Sealed and Nitrogen Purged for complete internal protection
- Zeroes can be done at 50 yards
- Aiming Points extended to 125 yards
- Consistent and standard features included
- Drop Compensating Reticle
- Loosely fitted Fast Focus Eyepiece
6. Nikon ProStaff 3-9 x 40 – Best Black Matte 22lr Riflescope
A great choice and a nicely designed riflescope which is super easy to use with .22 LR. It has a compact and slim design comprising of 40mm objective lens and 3x to 9x magnification power.
Nikon in riflescope has always delivered superb quality optical features and they don’t disappoint in this one too. This one-piece long tube is able to transmit 98% of light due to a fully multicoated effective optical system.
The views are consistently clear and precise, you can use this riflescope for a considerable amount of time as 3.6 inches of eye relief is provided.
Zero Resettable Turrets and adjustment knob are spring-loaded to maintain the functionality quick and precise. The Nikon patented BDC Reticle ensures you always remain on top of your hunting game.
- Efficient percentage of transmission of light(98%)
- Hold Dead-On at targets with BDC Reticle
- Sealed and Protected for long term use
- Optimized with Spot On Ballistic Match Technology
- 12.4 inches long higher than standard lengths
- Mounting Hardware not provided
7. Leupold VX-Freedom 3-9x40mm – Best 22lr MOA Reticle scope
A dependable riflescope for your .22 LR Rifle gun that provides amazing versatility. You can perform 3:1 Zoom to get the best view during target acquisition and perform long range shooting with far better accuracy.
It has a Multi-coated 40mm objective lens that can be magnified in the range of 3x to 9x.
Leupold VX-Freedom is a waterproof and shock-resistant riflescope as it is manufactured using 6061-T6 aircraft-grade aluminum.
Also, the lens installed on this is scratch resistance so you should know you have the best quality in hand. Even if you land in low lighting conditions, the built-in Twilight Management System has got your back to improve visibility through the optical system.
- Various Ranges of Reticles available before buying
- Windage and Elevation Adjustments are convenient
- Eye Relief Provided
- Sharp and straight crosshairs
- Rimfire Specific Targets facilitated with thinner hash marks
- No Parallax Focus available
- No Zero Holding
8. Leupold VX-R 3-9x40mm – Best Top Rated 22lr Rifle Scope
A Great Scope for different ranges of Rifle Applications and easily compatible with a .22 LR. It has an excellent and clear vision with a 40mm objective lens and the illumination feature makes it usable in unfavorable lighting conditions also.
A decent magnification power range of 3x to 9x makes quick zooming in and zoom out quite an easy job.
This Leupold model comes with a Fire Dot Duplex Reticle that keeps the focus of the towards the center and allows quick target acquisition.
For battery concerns due to Illumination reticle, Motion Sensor Technology is installed to save battery power by turning off the illumination after 5 minutes of no usage.
- You get 10 more minutes of Glassing Light due to Twilights Management System
- Shooters can adjust for Windage and Elevation purpose
- Clear Optical Views
- Perfect Illumination Dot
- Parallax Correction Feature Unavailable
9. Bushnell 614124 Banner Dusk & Dawn – Multi-X Reticle Adjustable Objective Riflescope
Bushnell tends to perform really well with the concept of Multi-X Reticle and outstanding visuals at the times of early morning and late evening.
A powerful 40mm lens with this riflescope and multiple layers of anti-reflective coating give clear and precise views for target acquisition.
It has great compatibility with .22 rimfire rifle guns so you are always on top of your shooting skills with this riflescope.
A Fast Focus Eyepiece is also available so that you can quickly adjust at different angles while viewing around. A 3.3 Inches eye relief is also maintained while designing by the Bushnell.
- High-Quality Vision in a low light environment
- Quick Installation
- 100 Percent Waterproof
- Fairly Priced
- Limited Vertical Adjustments
- Sluggish Vision at Full Magnification Power
10. Vortex Optics Crossfire II 2-7×32 Second Focal Plane, 1-inch Tube Riflescopes
When you intend to do tactical hunting with your .22 LR then it is a Vortex Optics Crossfire II is a great choice. They give a worthy performance in providing constant clear views and long eye relief.
Ultra-forgiving Eyebox helps immensely in determining the target position accurately and reticle focusing is facilitated by a fast-focus eyepiece.
You have the option between two Reticles while ordering this riflescope, A Dead-Hold BDC Reticle and V-Plex Reticle.
They both give outstanding performance and backed by an anti-reflective fully multicoated 32mm objective lens with a magnifying range from 2x to 7x.
- Capped and Resettable Turrets allow zero holding
- Shockproof performance with aircraft-grade aluminum
- Second Focal Plane Feature Supported
Quite easy to use
- Incompatible for short-range shooting
Buying Guide to Choose Best 22lr Riflescope 2021
22 Long Rifle is the most commonly used ammunition in the world and getting an equally important riflescope is a necessity. Without this accessory, the vision and shooting accuracy becomes quite limited, so does the probability of your Target Acquisition declines. We’ve covered the best 22lr rifle scope available in the market and if you still need something to decide upon, consider the factors below for super compatible riflescope.
Lens Power and Magnification Range
This is the foremost factor that you must foresee before buying any riflescope for your 22LR. Lens power and magnification range with their relative performance have been outlined in our recommendations so you can get the best-suited one for yourself. Don’t let the higher numbers deceive you that it will be the best choice. Low magnification ranges are more accurate in determining the target position. Higher magnification powers are suitable for Long Range Shooting.
The lens needs to be of brilliant quantity and fully protective multicoating should be there to ensure maximum visibility. If you get a low-quality lens, then it will not remain useful after some usage and without cleat optical views, it becomes impossible to hunt down a target.
Reticles play quite a great role in determining Target’s position accuracy. It is upon the reticles how they tend to display the target once spotted and what would be the position of the eyes during this process. So, focus on the features of reticles available in your riflescope and try to get the most out of it.
Premium Zero Lockable Turrets are always the best choice for any riflescope. You should be able to hold zero while using any type of riflescope. It can be great if these Turrets adjustments are available through fingertips during the process of hunting and shooting.
More than 90% of the riflescopes are waterproof, fog proof and shockproof. So, never end up buying one that does not offer these types of weather resistance features. It should always be manufactured using top-quality material that can withstand external pressures to a great extent.
Conclusion: Becoming a Pro in Shooting
When you have a .22 Long Rifle, you are extremely confident in getting the best from your hunting time but it is never possible without the best suited .22 LR riflescope. It takes time to become a pro in shooting but this process can be fast-tracked if you own the right products.
Different riflescopes come with a different set of specifications. You need to understand the terms clearly to get to know which one I need to buy. Also, some time is required by your eyes to get used to optical vision provided by different riflescopes.
When you get the riflescope set up on your Long Rifle, just relax a bit and get used to visions provided before jumping into the real shooting environment. This will allow you to act like a pro in shooting even you are just getting started.